Monday, September 13, 2010

Evolution

The more I build aerial equipment the better my designs get. My first trapeze bar compared to the one I built tonight are like night and day. They have all been safe and none of my equipment has had any malfunctions or accidents. But my first trapeze bar was 2 inches thick which made it hard to grip as well as uncomfortable to hang by the knees because it felt unstable being that thick. So I did research and found trapeze bars are generally one inch diameter to a 3/4inch bar. I learned my skill of building trapeze bars by my circus ringleader and instigator from Oregon.

I am very excited about my new baby! Its still a 3ft long bar that is one inch in diameter but on this new bar I spaced the ropes a better distance apart so that they are not too wide which was my only real problem with shorter limbed people (like myself lol).

My trapeze bars have the option to have the bar polished steel, painted a color (a lot like playground equipment is power coated), or taped with a color of your choice (which the only downside to the athletic tape is that if you have rosin on your hands and sometimes even too much sweat, it reacts badly with the adhesive and makes the bar SUPER sticky).

All of these are still an option on your custom bars but the bar I built tonight I used a special grip tape that is AMAZING! I absolutely love love love it! I thought the lime green padding went well with the black, definitely makes it pop out. And I've used cotton rope which is still a tensile strength of 1200lbs per rope and I have 3 ropes braided which will hold approximately 3600lbs. I love the cotton rope because it stretches a little which ads a bungee sort of feeling and really cushions you on drops.

If you would like a trapeze bar they are $299
Let me know your customizations at aerialempowerment@gmail.com.com or just write all the info in the shipping instructions when you purchase it off of my website at http://www.aerialempowerment.com

My business and residence is located within Salt Lake City so If you are in Utah you can buy it from me and save by not paying shipping. I also sell Aerial Hoops (lyra) and Aerial Silks of all colors, and rock climbing gear which includes rescue 8's, swivels, carabiners, rope pulleys, crash mats, etc.

On the left is my old first trapeze bar and on the right is the newest one. See my other designs in the gallery tab on my website.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment