Saturday, October 9, 2010

Rafaela Montanaro

One of my new favorite pole dancers that I have come across recently won 3rd place in the World Pole Competition Championship in Zurich. I found her youtube probably about 4 months ago and I was very impressed (which is not easily accomplished anymore since I've been watching pole videos on youtube for going 4 years now)
I wrote her my compliments and asked her how long she had been a poler which she responded only one year. ONE YEAR? I've been doing pole for 4 years and she was already caught up to my level and beyond. That made me curious so I looked into her background and found that Rafaela was a hand balancer or equilibrist and aerialist prior to picking up the pole. That definitely demonstrates how much strength is involved in the art of hand balancing.

Rafaela as a hand balancer


and Rafaela's winning routine in the World Pole Championship



If you would like to buy a handbalancing board or aerial silk set, I sell them on my website http://www.aerialempowerment.com

1 comment: